Sunday, December 1, 2013

I Bought an Electric Smart Car


It's a challenge for me to express the full ideal what the electric car means in just one sentence, one paragraph, or one article.  So I have chosen to write out the ideas as they come in this blog.  Although I already have another blog that chronicles the intrigues of all eclectic vehicles, this blog is dedicated to the my experiences with the Smart Electric Drive (ED).

On Wednesday, October 30th 2013 I purchased my first electric car.  I then proceeded to drive it all over the San Francisco South Bay Area.  I logged 85 miles the first day, hitting at least 5 separate charge stations and taking pictures (like the one above).

Why did I buy an electric car, especially one so small as the SMART ForTwo Electric Drive?  First off, it's tiny.  It's only 106-inches tip to tail and barely 65 x 67 inches in the other ways.  And yet it's like the TARDIS (bigger on the inside than the outside).  It's literally the smallest production car available in the U.S.

But why electric?  There are just so many reasons, it's tough to enumerate them all, but that is what this blog is about, to let you in on the good and not so good about about electric cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment